Thank you very much for a wonderful year! Many good things, in the midst of many challenges, and we are so grateful for your working together with us to make the good succeed.
For many of us in the USA, the highlight has been the visit of Maman Monique Misenga Mukuna and Maman Antoinette Muleka Tshisuaka. They had such a great time seeing so many of you. “Thank you very much for your gracious and warm welcome!” Making new friends, enjoying reunions with those they already knew, sharing stories and hugs and food – and tears and laughter and beautiful products of the sewing school. THANK YOU!
Other special events in the USA:
- Two lovely concerts “Pour Femme” organized by board member Anna de Groot and her musical friends, one in February, one in October. Thank you to all who delighted our ears, and to all who shared in the beautiful occasions.
- A lively off-site “#RunAgainstRape” 5K organized by board member Shari Oosting and participants with creative ideas of locomotion – including rocking or horseback riding 5K!
- Youthful success: Hands Across the Water led by board member Cheryl Ciaranca and her wonderful students at Community Middle School and High School North (West Windsor-Plainsboro, N.J.): fundraising & organizing the new HSNorth club!
- Special thanks to all whose generosity has brought us almost to the fulfillment of our Women’s Center Capital Campaign – by year’s end, with your help, we hope to be there!
- Approaching completion of the Women’s Center building! Despite bad weather, political unrest, inflation and economic hardship, the roof is in sight! Windows, doors, paint, and furnishing will be our projects for 2017.
- The sewing school got very high marks from the government examiners! And graduated 13 talented young women; each received a new sewing machine by your generosity.
- 66 students were helped to continue their schooling, and 4 graduated from high school
- A hopeful start to the second year for Community Charity School in Goma where well over half of the 400+ children are completely destitute.
As Congo braces for probable bloodshed because President Kabila refuses to step down at the end of his second term as the constitution requires, we are grateful for the courage and faith of our Congolese sisters and brothers and we pray for peace.
Thank you for your generosity in helping these special friends at Woman Cradle of Abundance to keep on serving the most vulnerable!